Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Picking, choosing and losing

So! Last time I posted here (before the Nicholas Courtney tribute) I was going mad with ideas for writing projects! Now I've managed to boil them down to a few good ones. I've got a new novel project (I know I should focus on the old one, but I'm 'feeling' this one more!) called "Changing" - it's partly based on real life stuff and partly supernatural. I could never ever write anything based solely on reality! The second I'm still not sure on - I know I want to do something sort of Sherlock Holmes meets Inidiana Jones, but I've not gotten much further than that! I've had ideas for a race between detectives and ideas of incorporating the Illuminati, just because they're cool to play around with - especially when you're given the freedom to imagine they really are a significant organisation. Speaking or Mr. Holmes, I'm back on the scripts for "Consulting Detective". Adam has conceded defeat at the hand of his first script and I've taken over - for now, anyway! So I'm busy pottering away on episode one, explaining Sherlock's impossible deductions. It's actually incredibly fun when you know how he did it! So, I've picked and chosen the best bits from my ideas to form my two new novel ideas (I've already started writing Changing - will post an extract soon!) and that brings me to the other part of this post title - losing. Nothing too major, but my lovely PC has decided to die. This means I'm confined to using my dad's laptop, whenever I can and is generally restricting on the amount of time I can spend writing. Oh well, hopefully all will be sorted soon and I'll be word-weaving away again! I'll post again as soon as possible, with an extract from my latest work - and the few of you who read this blog will be lucky enough to see it!

No comments:

Post a Comment