Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Oh, typical...

As soon as I start a blog about writing, I find it impossible to actually write something other than blog posts that only work when I've been writing! Or do they? I suppose I can talk about writing without having just done it. Actually, this raises one rather important point about writing anything: never do it when you don't feel like it! Some writers will think "I have to finish this by tonight" or whenever their deadline is and force themselves into writing. I find this usually creates a decline in the quality of my work. I have to really want to write and be in the right mood for it, otherwise I cannot produce as good a quality of writing as I usually would. You have to really want it and feel like doing it.
Sorry, that probably sounds really "arty-farty" (which should be a real word)!

No comments:

Post a Comment